EMDR

Hypnotherapy

Approaches

My Therapy

The letters stand for Eye Movement Desensitizing and Reprocessing. I usually start of describing this modality as a non-talk driven intervention. I completed EMDR training in 2017. EMDR uses bilateral stimulation to reprocess negative beliefs of self caused through traumatic events. This modality was originally developed to decrease post-traumatic syndrome (PTSD) response in returning military veterans.

EMDR

This is a powerful modality, it has changed my life profoundly. Once I discovered how quickly lives could be transformed I continued on to intensive training with The Wellness Institute for Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy. Click here to visit The Wellness Institute. 

Hypnotherapy allows access to what we often suppress. When our brains do not have the ability to time stamp an event where we have felt left out, or were abused, we can re-experience these feelings in our lives until the subconscious resolves it. Hypnotherapy is one way to do this. Remember, 10% of our minds are found in the conscious, working to rationalize our feeling and analyze our world, it is the other 90% we access through hypnotherapy.

Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy

Therapists and non-therapist use this word frequently. I have seen it show up in many self-help books. Mindfulness techniques allow you to be in the moment where no past or future exists. This is helpful in many ways to reconstruct the neuro-network in our brains and inform our autonomic nervous system to be calm. You begin to not be the thing, but rather an observe so whatever the thing is can move through.

Mindfulness

Somatic Interventions

Endless hours of research by a variety of therapists have taught us our bodies hold our stories, not just our brains. I use different somatic-based interventions to help you release the story of your body. A frequent example I give is noticing what is happening in shoulder and neck. This is one of the most frequent places we hold our worries and anxiety. When we have tension, our bodies are holding on to something. We also learn to hold our breath and breath through our chest and not our diaphragm. This is another way our body remembers trauma. Connecting out-of-body experience to our emotional experience is a critical part of the journey.

EcoPsychology

I use this modality as we get outside the confines of the office wall and take a walk. There is an energetic exchange that happens with nature, when we can connect with it and honor it we become aware we are part of the larger ecosystem. Right below our feet roots are communicating to nurture each other in a harmonious rhythm. Earth provides us with nutrients for our bodies and medical remedies for illnesses. Connecting to this can help bring your nervous system to homeostasis.

We live in our physical bodies, but we also have an energy body as well. Western research is catching up. Eastern medicine has been practicing this for centuries through a wide variety of modalities, one being acupuncture. The law of conservation of energy is that energy can neither be created or destroyed, so it is in this shift of our bioenergy field we can begin to release what is unseen to our eyes.

Energy Psychology

Somatic Interventions

Mindfulness

Ecopsychology

Energy Psychology

Informing how I work

Other Practices

© 2020 Tillery Time Counseling, LLC.

Designed by Grafik Flavor Design & Wix.com ~  www.grafikflavor.com